Sunday, January 26, 2014

PSA: Designer Sweats and a Slideshow


I have tried to start this post in a number of different ways.  A little bit of humor...then I was all...Ohhhh, no one will think this if funny...then I was trying to be creative....and then I was all....Ohhhh, this is lame and NOT what I have envisioned.  And then I thought I would be blunt and that was no fun....So I'm not sure how I want to do this...Maybe I will share all three.  You'll have wasted two minutes of your time that you will not get back.  You will be told the same thing three times.  I will still be lame.  And life will go on. Maybe.  Shall we begin?  Yes? Good.

I will begin with the funny story.  I suppose.

All I wanted for Christmas was sweat pants.  Yep, that's right, sweats.  Five pairs so I could wear them throughout the week while running kids around if I want.  He said that he did not want to encourage dressing like a slob all week.  I'm pretty sure those were his exact words too.  My response to that was that I would like "designer sweats".  He said there is no such thing as "designer sweats".

I tried to explain to him that I see lots of moms who will occasionally wear some sweat pants and hoodie while picking their son or daughter from school, and they don't look like slobs.  They usually have their hair brushed and maybe a little make up.  Maybe it's that "general maintenance" rather that these "designer sweats" I think they own....man I'm loving the quotations!

I just want to be comfy and warm.  Let me complain a little more about how cold it has been here.  I don't feel like I can get warm!  Again, I love cold weather.  And I love snow.  But this to the bone cold has been something else.  When summer hits and we are in the high 80s have no fear, I will be here to complain about that too.  Nicole hates being hot, y'all.

Anyway, not only do jeans not fit me very well, but I don't feel like they keep me very warm.  Days that I really don't care and go out in my old, worn grey sweat pants to drop kids off I'm not as cold.  Maybe it's me trying to create logical reasons to wear sweat on the reg...maybe.

Like most things I'm not really sure where I'm heading with this post.  Maybe I want you guys to take my side on this "designer sweat" debate.  Or talk me down form the edge of a slippery slope that is hard to come back from.  Because now Chris is saying I can go and buy myself some sweats since I'm pregnant and all. :)

Now here is my little slide show!





And finally if you didn't get the message.  I am bluntly stating that I am pregnant :)

I took a test yesterday.  Positive.  We have told the parental units and our siblings. I have not had it confirmed by the doctor.  Maybe we should wait for confirmation, but that's not how we do things 'round here.  Plus, we have already told the kids, and Owen cannot wait to tell his friends :)  By my personal calculations I am due Oct 2...I know another October baby.  I guess we have nothing else better to do after the new year.

4 comments:

  1. How fun! Look, I don't have 3 (going on 4) kids and I'd love 8 pairs of designer sweat pants :). You should get a couple of fancy track suits and look like the ultimate soccer mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA!!! My friend keeps sending images of designer sweat pants! Chris said they can have a "label" but they still sweats!

      Delete
  2. congrats -- baby #4, how exciting. Makes me want to go buy you some sweats as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie you have always been way too good to me! Miss you!!!

      Delete