Friday, January 17, 2014

7 Quick Takes - #11


I got with the program and started blogging again.  It's been fun this week.  As always, I make no promises to keep on the reg...but for now I'm enjoying the outlet.  I am not sure if blogging is working with or against my word of the year...or maybe it doesn't matter one way or the other.  For now, it doesn't seem to excessive. I also received an anonymous comment on my 7QT #10 that was shocking and made my stomach flip-flop.  I was shocked that someone even took the time to read my nonsense, not to mention...they kinda liked it.   I know some family and friends read it to keep tabs on us Lockharts, but beyond that I never really thought about anonymous commenters.  Self-conscientiously, I wanted to recoil, but I am going to fight against my natural instincts and keep doing what I have always done...posting when I feel like it so my family and friends can keep tabs.
And I'm sure you saw my post about my awesome husband and his accomplishments since joining the Army 5 years ago.  If not, check it out.  He's a pretty stellar guy in my opinion. 
CWOC (Catholic Women of the Chapel) started back this week since breaking for Christmas, and it was great.  Actually, I couldn't shut up.  I don't know what my problem was.  Some of the ladies must have been like "dammmmmn girl...let someone else speak".  Only, a lot more charitable, because they are much more awesome than yours truly. But really, it was great to wrap up Sex, Style and Substance (Jen, who runs this link up was one of the writers in the book actually!).  We will begin 4 Signs of a Dynamic Catholic by Matthew Kelly next.  I have heard he's great so I'm excited to get into that book. 
Sex, Style, and Substance

4 Signs of a Dyanmic Catholic

Owen's class had a "Parents' Day".  I had not  planned on staying because it is Simon's nap time, and it was Wednesday which are hectic with pick ups and drop offs, CWOC, speech, and dance.  We aren't home until 6:20 on Wednesdays.  His sweet plea for me to stay swayed me to stick it out.  He really wanted me to see him in action as "Snack Helper".  Sadly, they had a snack that he couldn't really help with so I never got to see his awesome skills.  He didn't seem too bothered.  Even though I didn't get to see him be "Snack Helper" I was so excited to watch him and help make three snowmen crafts and write his name.  Side note: Owen also attends occupational therapy to help his fine motor skills.  In the past he has never been too interested in crafting or writing, and he would quit before you'd even gotten all the materials out.  I was so proud to watch him make his wonky snowmen. :)  He was so glad to have me there.  It was worth Simon missing his nap completely that day.  I must say, Simon held it together okay considering. 
I really like Amelia's preschool.  Definitely her teachers. But they have moved some programs around, and it has made the parking situation really difficult.  I might start dropping her off late and picking her up early.  There isn't much parking at this building and two classes start and end at the same time.  Not to mention that the MPA (Multi Purpose Auditorium) is used for functions that would sometimes cause parking issues.  The first time that happens it's going to be a real mess, and I just might drive us all back home than try to deal with that. 
If you need any prayers please let me know!  Seriously and sincerely.  I want to pray for you.  We need to be prayer warriors, helping each other to get to Heaven, y'all.  Fo sho!  And if you have a minute offer up take #7...
Chris is submitting another flight packet.  I will elaborate on how that is taking shape (and how I'm trying to keep it cool but can't because I am completely neurotic, obsessive, and bat-shit crazy) soon.   I hope you had a great week!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I guess I'm another "stranger" visiting from Jen's. I like your style! It's honest and straightforward, like talking to a friend. :-) If you'd like to pray for me I'd love that -- I'm 30 weeks pregnant and probably going to have a scheduled c-section due to complications from my first pregnancy. I'm not 100% thrilled with the idea of a planned c-section (it scares me and I tend toward the more natural), however, given my history I do think it's best. I just want to do what's best for "Porcupine".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You and Porcupine will be in my prayers! I understand the fear so a c-section, but I have never had to experience one. St. Gerard pray for us!

      Delete