Thursday, October 29, 2015

Upping My Prayer Game Recap.

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but Periscope is fun.  I am totally awkward, but there are great scopers to watch.  Entrepreneur and marketing scopes are so cool.  Okay, that might be a bit of time waste for me since I don't own a business, but business stuff can be kinda neat.

I went for it, and I've nervously scoped three times now.  I have two of them "caught" on Katch.  You can watch them there if you want.  The latest one is at the bottom of the post.   Interacting with people while being viewed is just as hard as typing in a comment.  Lots of "uhhh"s and "like"s on my part.   And I do this weird teeth sucking thing. Yikes!  Watching the replays is painful, but I realize I have to break some habits if I don't want to look like an idiot.  Looking at the little circle on my phone that is my camera is tough.  It's really easy to get distracted.  The tripod attachment has been order so I won't look quite as awkward, and I can use my hands while I speak.  More than likely it was remain awkward because I am.  Sounds enjoyable, right?  And I'm still putting it out there for people to see.  What is wrong with me? ;)

Let's take a minute to recap the latest scope.  Building my prayer life and fostering the virtue of piety.  Upping my prayer game.

Starting small.  My first goal is to do the morning offering before I lift my head off the pillow.  And if I'm not rushing to the bathroom, or making bowls of cereal I will say a Hail Mary, too.  Handing everything over before I even get out of bed will start the day out right.

Going to confession.  During the scope my friend Pam and I set a date to go to confession this Friday.  Stoked.  As much as I ever am about confession.  The examination of conscience can be an ugly task.  But I'm really looking forward to absolution.

Daily mass.  Friday when I go to confession, I will be going to mass too!  I'm going to try to make it a weekly thing.  Wednesdays, maybe?  Jesus is there.  I should want to be there with Him as often as I can.  Not that I don't.  Laziness.

Study. Or meditation.  Or discernment.  Carving out five minutes completely devoted to God.  Blessed Is She has a free personal study on their site.  I downloaded it, and I have started working through the questions.  They are simple, but tough.  I have picked up Full of Grace: Women and the Abundent Life by Johnnette Benkovic  I'm have a hard time figuring out where I am suppose to be in God's plan. Hopefully I can use that time and those resources to figuring it out.

I think these few things are very manageable for me right now.  Are you doing anything to up your prayer game?


No comments:

Post a Comment