Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Word vomit.

Long time, no bloggage.  No reason for the small hiatius, other than I can't get my thoughts together.  Blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda.  I will give you a quick run down of what has taken place here in The Land and maybe some other stuff.  Come join the ride and see where this post takes us.  I'm sure it will end about where we started.  But hey, it's about the journey right? Or not...

Anyway, the kids and I traveled to Ohio for a surprise birthday party for my Aunt Bridgit.  She was completely surprised.  It was a quick trip, but it was wonderful to see my family.  The years really do pass quickly.

We have purchased the curricula that we plan to use next year.  I have started getting it organized...ish, and laminating for preservation.  Hopefully, we have chosen material that will last us for all of our kids.  Of course we will reevaluate this time next year.   I can't wait for the school year to be over.  Here in northern New York the last day of school is June 27th.  So a little less than 3 months of driving around everyday.  It isn't a whole lot of driving, but loading and unloading all of the kids for the past for the past 7 months is starting to take its toll.  The pregnancy isn't helping.  I loved all the snow and canceled school just because I didn't have to go anywhere.  Now, we will see how this translates next year. I'm an extrovert so once the exhaustion from running around has worn off I may find myself itching to leave the home.

Chris and I are trying to make some spring/summer plans for this year.  We want to go to West Virginia and New Jersey to visit our grandmothers and extended family.  Also, in July there is a family reunion in Illinois.  We want to do it all and we hope we can.  Funds and the Army are always key players in everything we do.

Chris was not able to complete his flight packet for the May board.  His medical wasn't back yet and he is still waiting on a letter of recommendation.  We are hopeful that it will be completed for the July board.

I had tests done to see if I had gestational diabetes.  I don't.  They think it is glucose intolerance.  I was pretty sure I didn't have it.  I still have to take the test again at 28 weeks.  So yeah...

Speaking of weeks of pregnancy.  I am having the hardest time knowing how far along I am...like, I can't tell you with any type of certainty where I'm in this pregnancy.  Maybe 16 or 17 weeks.  But really I could be way off.  I know I'm in my second trimester, but that's it.  I guess I could download one of those apps to help me keep up with it...

Also, I am still on the fence about finding out the sex of the babe.  I love the speculation of it all.  For a while I have thought it was a boy.  No reason just did, but over the past couple of weeks I'm thinking differently.  Though all of my pregnancies are relatively the same there are some differences and this one is more like Amelia's.  I have no desire to look at girl names.  I did the same thing with Simon, only I had no desire to look at boy names when I was pregnant with him.  So, now I'm not sure what I think.  At the moment, I'm on the fence leaning to finding out because I am not sure I want to wait another 20 weeks.  Plus a few friends said they thought it would be fun to have a gender reveal party.  How I would go about that? I don't know.  Pinterest I guess :).  But I'm just leaning that way right now...we will see which way I lean tomorrow.  Go ahead tell you me your stories.  Especially if you have experienced both finding out and not finding out.

So, until other day dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment