Monday, October 21, 2013

Birthday week

Birthday week is upon us.  Amelia's birthday is Wednesday and Simon's is Saturday.  I almost feel like I should be 9 months pregnant and ready to pop.  If we are blessed with another baby I would like to give October a break...January has a beautiful birthstone :)

Anyway.  We are having a Halloween birthday party.  I suggested it to Amelia and she was all for it.  She loves Halloween.  She pick Halloween books year round.  I suggested it because it would give the kids another chance to wear their costumes.  Owen is being Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians.  Amelia is being a purple monster princess.  Simon will be either Darth Vader or Frankenstein. I think for trick or treating he will definitely be Frankenstein because it's a warmer costume.  It's Owen's first costume too.

We are going to try am make this happen.

2009 Owen's first Halloween

Amelia showing off her costume a few months ago
I have a few goals this week for the blog.  I am going to try and write Amelia's and Simon's birth stories (here's Owen's) along with some notes about what they are like as we approach year 3 and year 1.  They are both awesome additions to this family.  Their wild antics keep us laughing, loving, crying, yelling, and cussing (striving for sainthood is hard!)  But mostly they keep us laughing and loving.  A friend posted that with each kid your love is multiplied not divided.  So true.  I hope the love keeps multiplying.  These kids, Owen too, make me want to love more.  I don't think domesticity/parenting comes naturally to me.  Order most definitely does not.  But the swell of my heart watching each kid sleeping as a newborn to putting on their clothes independently is like a drug that I want more of.  The plan for our family is being revealed one day at a time, and we will do our best to happily accept whatever is in store for us.  Right now we are blessed with 3 wonderful children who fill this home with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment