Friday, August 2, 2013

7 quick take - #5


I am pretty sure I say this each week BUUUUTTT...I can't believe it is Friday, already.  Not only is it Friday, but it's now August too.  I have this thing each year where I kinda wish away August.  I don't know if it's two months with 31 days back to back is just more than I can handle, or I am ready for summer to end and fall to begin.  I think it's the latter.  I love fall.  I love the cool crisp air.  The food.  The clothes.  The holiday season.  Well here in the northern NY it has not been too hot.  Most day don't every leave the 80s.  Some stay in the 70s.  And we EVEN had a couple that were in the high 60s.  So, I don't have this overwhelming urge to kick August to the curb, yet.  
Every time we say the blessing before meals Simon squawks the entire time.  From the sign of the cross to the sign of the cross he squawks.  I'm hoping one of my kids, God willing, is a priest.  Maybe it's him ;)
Tomorrow is the first weekend of yard sales on post.  There are 4 different housing communities and our community is next weekend.  So tomorrow we are hitting the pavement to see what we can find.  I am on the prowl for a bike trailer so we can pull Simon on bike rides.  I also would like to find a nice kitchen play set.  If you saw my Facebook post you saw that I found one for $2.  And I did.  It's really small.  I think it is more for an 18 month old.  It is fine and Amelia will play with it, but I would like one that is a bit more her size.  We have been trolling the thrift stores and Craigslist to see what we can find.  Christmas shopping!  We have several decent gifts that our kids will love for less than half the original cost.  And the kids will be still be happy. 
I want this! I have been veiling for over a year now.  I was given a black one and a white one.  The black is my favorite and I can't find it.  First of all this one is like a third of the price of other ones I have seen online.  And I LOVE the lace pattern of this one.  Second they will sew in a comb for an extra $4...Simon as started pulling on my veil at church...and third, free shipping!
I think I have been mentioned here and there that we are considering homeschooling Owen when he begins kindergarten.  I have been reading up a storm about what it takes from curriculum to laws to conferences.  It is a bit overwhelming.  I have a year until Owen begins kindergarten so I have time.  But with some programs you can get discounts by ordering early.  Plus, I want to have plenty of time to get organized, since we all know how organized I am.   My biggest fear is the fact that order, schedules, chores, routine, ect are not skills that I have, duh. And I know the kids will thrive if we have that in place, again duh. I really don't know where to start or how to make it happen. So,I think using something like Seton that gives you a curriculum and daily lesson plans would be a good place for me to start, if we choose to homeschool. Then maybe break off and start making my own lessons once I feel comfortable. But structure is what I lack. And I don't want to be screaming at my kids every day because they don't know what to do during the day, because I haven't established what comes next.  But I also really want my kids to have a solid foundation of doctrine, saints, prayers, Traditions, theology ect. I know I don't have it to teach them. But I can learn with them by using Catholic based home study.  We will see what is in store for our family soon enough.  Prayers are welcome :)
Gracey is out of town and left us with WODs to do on our own.  Yea, I need to get on that.  
I'm keeping it short and sweet this week.  I hope you have a stellar weekend and week to follow!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment