Sunday, February 14, 2016

Lent in the Year of Mercy with Friends

Lent has begun. I feel more prepared than I have ever felt before because of the community and friendships that I have found over the last few months.  Thank you technology.  It is because of YOU that I feel ready this Lent. I'm so inspired by other people and their ability to love and serve God in ways I never knew I could. I am ready to reform my relationship with our Creator. I'm ready to pour love into my family and friends. And I'm ready to embrace the gifts that I have been given to glorify God.
"We are responsible for on another's holiness.  We influence each other all the time, and we should grown in the awareness of this.  It simply cannot be denied that we are conditioned and affected by one another.  Human beings invariably are.  Every Christian has a vocation to holiness. Now as we enter into Lent, I hope we will all deeply conscious of our involvement in one another's holiness, of our sharing of penance and of sacrifice, and very especially of our responsibility for one another's growth in holiness this Lent."  A Time of Renewal: Daily Reflections for the Lenten Season

 I worked with Ashley to create "Lent in the Year of Mercy", a reflection journal to pair with the book A Time of Renewal: Daily Reflection for the Lenten Season by Mother Mary Francis.  And not to toot our own horn, journal is so awesome.  And it has already been really helpful.  It stands alone even if you aren't reading the book with us.  Please download a copy.



We will be on different platforms throughout Lent so be sure to follow us.  You can find Ashley on Periscope, Facebook, Instagram, and her blog Between the Linens.  And you can find me here, Periscope, Facebook, and Instagram.  AND we are chatting using the app Voxer, too.  Let us know so we can add you to the chat.  Even if you're not reading the book, you are more than welcome to listen and add to the conversation.

Instagram Prompts
We have some Instagram prompts using #lenting.  Please share and use the prompts, we would love to see how your journey is going, even if the picture doesn't quite match the prompt. :)

Happy Lenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment