That is not to say that I haven't sat down at my computer several times to type something to share with you, but at some point I started over thinking what I was doing. Honestly, I'm not sure why. It was like I was trying to make my life interesting for the sake of this space. The thing is, my life isn't that interesting. I'm a mom drowning in dishes and dirty laundry while I'm trying to educate tiny humans and myself on the side. Seriously, there is no way to make dirty diapers interesting. They're just gross.
It's funny how I often do that to myself. Over-complicating an ordinary task. So I will do a very very quick update in bullet points so we can move on with our lives.
- I will begin with the most important thing. The selfie stick. It didn't work with my mom's phone so now I get to be like that guy at the commissary using his selfie stick in the produce department! I'm pretty sure Chris is more thrilled by me owning a selfie stick than I am!!!
- We are still homeschooling. I am currently taking a self paced online class The 5 Elements of Classical Homeschooling. Over the past week I've been reading Awakening Wonder: A Classical Guide to Truth, Goodness, and Beauty by Steve Turley PhD. My brain wants to explode with excitement and ideas, but I'm still not articulate. But classical education is totally what I'm trying to achieve.
- I love our co-op. Amelia was asking today if we get to go this week...sadly, we have to wait one more week.
- Chris is in the thick of flight school. Studying with four young kids underfoot is tougher than you may think. ;)
- Owen wants to take Karate or something, but I'm being a little selfish with the schedule.
- Amelia LOVES dance. She loves putting on a "show" for anyone who will watch.
- Simon is still Simon, but dino lovin', age three has been a real treat! One and two were pretty tough. Three isn't a cake walk, but we know what he's capable of, and it has been mostly fun. But he is REFUSING to potty train, and I'm refusing to fight over it.
- Becket loves to dance. He love to say "mo" to everything. If you ask him to say Muma he tilts his head. He is into everything!
- I'm still adminning the two Facebook groups, and having a great time. Peg Dolls (I'm working on eggs right now) and Periscope.
- Myers-Briggs is so much fun!!! I love it. You can take the free test at 16 Personalities. I'm an ENFP. I LOVE knowing what others are, too. I find it very fascinating. Please comment your type.
- Go watch the TV show Miranda. It's a British sitcom, starring Miranda Hart. It's, what I like to call, funny! Such Fun!!!