Sunday, September 11, 2016

Little of this, little of that

Hello interwebs!  I hope that you have had a great summer.  Things around here have been changing, but mostly staying the same.  A quick update and some pictures it is!

Chris is wrapping up flight school this month.  He's flying the Blackhawk, and we have verbal orders to Hawaii.  Basically we've been told where we are going, but it can always change.  So for now that's what we are planning.  To be honest, we weren't thrilled when we found out, but we have come to terms with it and we are looking forward to some place new.

Love this guy!
We are still homeschooling.  Owen is in 2nd, Amelia kindergarten, Simon preschool, and Becket terrorizing the village. Right now I am trying to get as many lessons done as possible before week move.  I'm not sure how long we are going to be living out of suit cases. I'm trying to get as much covered as possible in case we can't can't carry our material with us like I'm hoping.  We are schooling 5-6 days a week currently.  It's not as bad as it sounds. The kids are doing really well.

Donuts on the first day of school





Sweet co-op friends
  

Last week I put our family on an actual schedule.  If you know me you know how much I hate being ruled by the clock.  I have may alarm set for 7:00am and we begin Morning Time by 9:00. The schedule wasn't perfect, but school was completed and the house was clean.  I was exhausted.  I'm not sure why, because our day isn't packed with tons of stuff, but I was tired.  I've even be going to bed by 10:30 which is almost unheard of for me.  #ilovethenightlife.  Week 1 was fruitful, but I feel like we have to stick with it several more weeks to really know if this change is blessing our family.  

Today was our first day of CCD.  This year Owen will receive his first reconciliation and first Holy Communion.  We are moving so I'm trying to get in touch with the the religious ed director of the church we are moving to prevent any delays.  We're very excited for Owen.

I guess that is all for now.  I have more to share, but I'll wait.  

Until next time.  Hopefully sooner rather than later...no promises. 

No comments:

Post a Comment