Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Periscope: Not Sure Where To Go.

I finished my first Periscope few hours ago.  When I posted on Friday that I was going to "scope" I instantly regretted it.  Over the weekend I just didn't post anything else about it because I was considering chickening out.  Well a few hours before going on I had a random surge of courage.  And the hour leading up to beginning the scope again I had regret.  But you know what?  It wasn't too bad once we got in there.  I loved interacting with others in the room.  Public speaking isn't a gift I have, but sitting around chit chatting might be.

Watching the replay was a bit awkward.  I make lots of weird faces, and I wasn't looking at the camera, most of the time.  I wonder if I do that in real life conversations.  Then I babbled about why I think Periscope is cool.  As an extrovert, I see it as great way to socialize with other women with out leaving the home, because getting away isn't always easy with a working husband and four young kids.  People are having book clubs, building communities, and sharing ideas on Periscope.  I frequent the homeschooling scopes mostly, but have been watching many entrepreneur scopes and scopes about scopes because they are really interesting.  I would love to see a Catholic community take shape.  There is so much potential on this platform.

Where do I go from here?  I'm not sure.  I've been encouraged to do it again.  I need to have something to talk about, otherwise I will just be awkwardly looking into the camera or making weird faces.  Maybe people would show up for that, who knows. ;)  Other scopers seem to have such grasp in their intent.  What authority am I of on anything?  Seriously, I feel inadequate to mediocre most of the time, what could I possibly offer?  Yet, I'm compelled to do it again.  You can check the replay here until 9pm Wednesday the 21st.  I would love some feed back. 

2 comments: